One of the benefits Astute BI is direct access to your own data cube. The data cube stores your data in a ready-to-use state, and this is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection and Microsoft Excel versions 2007 and 2010. This version will guide you through Excel 2007. For the Excel 2010 guide, click here
This guide steps through the process of connecting to your data cube.
- Open Microsoft Excel version 2007
- Click the Data Tab -> From Other Sources -> then select From Data Connection Wizard
- This will open the Data Connection Wizard. Select Other/Advanced and then click Next
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 10.0. It is important that version 10.0 is selected. If this is not available, it can be downloaded and installed from Microsoft free of charge at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=188444&clcid=0x409 for
32-bit computers or http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=188445&clcid=0x409 for 64-bit computers.
Click Next to continue.
- Enter your connection details into the Connection screen below.
a. The server address is https://c.industrydataonline.com/olap/msmdpump.dll
b. Your username and password would have been provided to you at registration
c. The catalogue to use is Gaming
d. Click OK to save and continue
- Lastly, ensure Gaming is selected for the database, and IDO_Gaming is selected for the cube / table. Click Finish.
Congratulations! You have now successfully connected to your data cube, and you should see a range of pivot table options to the right of the spreadsheet.
Please contact Astute BI if you have any questions in how to make the most of the data cube.